Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Revised Training Program

Preparing for the Subic Int'l Triathlon in May and Camsur Cobra Ironman 70.3 in August isn't an easy task. There are days when you need to drag yourself out of bed to start training, and there are days when you like to go out with friends but can't 'coz you have an early morning workout the following day. You become anti-social in some ways, and you try to shy away from getting invites to parties because you fear being branded a "snob" when you say no.

But man, it's all worth it!

I have drafted a new training program for my triathlon races which will start in May. With the inclusion of my swim training, I will have been able to balance all three disciplines week in-week out.

Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun
Rest Run Bike Swim Run Swim Bike/Run
        10K 30K 750m 15K 1K 30K/ 7.5K  

The distances increase by 100meters for the swim, 0.5K for the run and 2K for the  bike every two weeks. Let's see what happens. ;-)

Deo P.

3 comments:

  1. Deo, where do you get all the energy? :-) Anyhow, good luck Mr.(Half)Ironman-in-training...Are you going to the Camsur Tri in April as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the goodluck wish bro. No, I'm not joining in April yet, I don't feel confident with my swim at the moment and would like to try some sort of a mini-sprint in April before I really plunge into the big leagues.

    Its been a dream for me to do a half-IM eh, kaya siguro nagpapakabaliw ako kakaensayo which I hope and wish would be enough for me to finish the races I want to join...

    God bless bro.

    Deo P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid Deo! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete