Monday, February 9, 2009


My new baby: A Jamis 2008 Trail X2!

After my last trail ride at Antenna in Angono, Rizal, I noticed some heavy pedalling on my GT Aggressor which wasn't there before. So upon getting home, I checked the rear wheelset and found the rims to be slightly deformed, rubbing against the V-Brakedpads which made its freewheel  rotation a struggle. 

I thought that maybe, if I was using disc brakes and not V-Brakes on my bike, I could be a better trail biker. Not that I can be as good as the others, but, I will have a more consistent pedalling pressure due to consistent rear wheel free-wheel. Hmmmm, why not try to sell my GT?

Before I even put my GT up for sale, I got to talk to a friend who owns a very slightly used Jamis Trail X2, at size 19", and who offered it to me at a very good price. Perfect!

So I put my GT Aggressor up for sale, and in  less than 4 days it got sold at a price similar to how much  my friend sold me his Jamis.....and now I'm a happier mountain biker!

Deo P.


No comments:

Post a Comment