Monday, March 23, 2009

Powerade Duathlon: You're next!

After that leg crunching half marathon coined as The Condura Run, I am setting my sight to the Powerade Duathlon at MOA this coming Saturday, March 28.

With leg pains this morning, I thought of doing my recovery run with a bit of biking, resulting to a mini-brick training vis-a-vis duathlon preparation. 

I didn't want to push hard, and biking for 5K at a steady pace of 25kph and running for 2K at 7:00 m/km was good enough. It was  the transition I planned on training for, not the endurance. Its amazing how your muscles forget a workout when you haven't done that workout for weeks, and the 3-week lay off from endurance biking somehow made my biking muscles "forget" how pedaling feels. Gearing at 2 and 4 felt like it was at 2 and 1.

My legs still felt heavy after dismounting from my bike and running. This is the part where I need more training on, transition. I regret not sticking to my brick trainings weeks back, and I'm paying the price now.

Two more days of bricking hopefully will bring the muscles back to competitive levels....hopefully...




1 comment:

  1. Hi! We're gearing up for the Botak 42K and 100k running events this May and June and we'd like to invite you to our running bloggers meet up sometime in April.

    If you're interested, can you please send me your contact details thru nesa@protege.com.ph so that I could coordinate the schedule with you.

    Thanks! And I hope to hear from you soon!

    Nesa Tanyag

    ReplyDelete